Venue Support Services
Electronic Gaming Machines
Gambler’s Health Southern offers specialist provider education services through the Venue Support Program, which educates and supports staff who work in Electronic Gaming Machine (EGM) venues . Gambler’s Help Southern has four highly experienced Venue Support Workers (VSW) to service the the Bayside, South Eastern, Frankston and Mornington Peninsula areas.
- The Venue Support Workers, in conjunction with venues, train and educate their staff and management on best responsible gambling practices. These guidelines are adopted from the Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct. This code is approved by the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation.
- The VSW program also hosts the Southern Responsible Gambling Officers Network (SRGON) of government departments and authorities, police, emergency services and gambling venues. This is to provide a regional understanding and approach to localised issues and concerns.
There is an emphasis on:
- Working with gaming venue staff and management to build and maintain responsible gambling environments consistent with approved industry codes of conduct.
- Building the capacity of gaming venues to identify and respond to indicators of negative gambling behaviour amongst patrons.
- Raising awareness of Gambler’s Help Southern services and other support options
- Encouraging continuous improvement and good practice.
The Venue Support Worker program operates centrally from Connect Health & Community. Click here for contact details
To speak with a Venue Support Worker call 9575 5353.